Friday 29 June 2012

My First Blog!


You may ask, as do I, why do I want to write a blog? I want to initially share some of my thoughts and musings on parenting and the important job we have in helping our little ones become who they were dreamed to be. I want to share what I am learning on my mothering journey and what I witness and learn through my baby yoga and baby art classes. I want to share the magic of carrying your little one in slings and carriers, sharing what I learn as a Babywearing Consultant and as a mother who carries her little one close to her heart. I want to remind myself, and at the same time others, of the importance of nurturing and being true to ourselves and our little ones, especially in the conscious decisions we make for ourselves and our families. I simply want to write and share.



‘Nature, Trees, Nurture, Painting, Little Hands and Feet, Yoga’

I begin full of trepidation as to whether I actually have anything to share or say, especially as I research and read others blogs, I feel overwhelmed by the wealth of words already out there. I am then reminded of the tree, part of our namesake, it starts as a seed and with nurturing grows, setting its roots into the ground and then reaching towards the sky as it turns from a seedling to a sapling to a young tree and finally becomes a noble, wise, grounded entity reaching upwards, outwards and downwards, providing shelter and safety to those who might need it and playing a part in the cycle of life. This blog is but a seed, in its early infancy, and I hope that I, and my readers, can nurture it to grow and become what it needs to be. I look forward to sharing this journey and learning and growing together.
  
‘Though your destination is not yet clear
You can trust the promise of this opening;
Unfurl yourself into the grace of beginning
That is at one with your life’s desire.’

Extract from ‘for a new beginning’
O’Donohue, John, 2007. Benedictus, Bantam Press

No comments:

Post a Comment